Saturday 12 September 2009

FBO's and what to code

Well I have had time to mess around with the FBO's and made a couple tests with render2texture effects and I have some idea how some effects are done. The downside is still a lack of a general idea to bring all the recent effect experiments together as a demo or intro.

Since most of my opengl knowledge comes from tutorials found on the internet, like for example Nehe's, its abit out of date in some areas and finding decent info can take some hunting about, So I decided to get myself the new opengl library which consists of the "red book" and the "orange book". The "red book" is the programming guide to opengl, it will be nice to have a full reference and it will be covering the newer versions which ditch alot of the fixed function pipeline I have been using. The "orange book" is on shaders (GLSL) and since thats an area I am interested in learning more on as well it will hopefully prove useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment