Monday 2 May 2011

WoT no game!

Well no there is not any game yet. I got side tracked and ended up making some changes to my gl framework in bmax and decided I should actually use it for something, so I made a small cracktro style intro and put it up on the DBF forum so I could get some feedback, seems my code works well on various setups so thats good to hear.

Quick Piccy
I have also been messing about with my old opengl engine code, it now runs on top of the tiny gl framework and I spent some time improving it abit. It can now load .obj models exported from blender as long as I set a couple export options, it expects UV's and Normals and uses them both so I need to export as a single mesh with normals, uv's and triangulate turned on but if i do that I can load and display the meshs fine, I even seem to have got hard edges working to a good extent. Working on Multi Texturing, going for 2 layers only at this time, cant see me needing more and by that time I will likely be using shaders.

So now I need to start messing about with blender and see if I can make some useful models, to that end I have been watching some tutorials and messing about with some of the features. Made a very simple mini hexscape thing and made a rather nice render, so here it is.

DBF are currently running a demo coding challenge, with a theme of wireframe, will see if I can come up with something for that before the deadline. Hopefully something cool as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment