Thursday 5 May 2011

Object Loading, Multi Texturing

Well I have finally got .obj model loading going for single mesh objects in my opengl engine, works with normals and textures, so I took a look at adding multi texturing to the engine, useful for lots of things like adding a second texture over a terrain to add extra detail. It appears to be working but I am not all that happy with it at the moment, I have little control on the way the textures are combined so I need to add more into that side of things, which then means I can look to setup different modes for how they work with each other, but I need to also figure out how the parameters need to be set as my first hard coded tests did not seem to yield all that useful a result.
Still it's a step in the right direction and hopefully I can give the system more options for how the textures tile and blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment