Wednesday 12 May 2010

Free2Play MMO's

While I am still playing WoW in the evenings for raiding, (7 bosses down on 25man heroic ICC), I find that I dont feel like playing it during the day leveling or grinding on my alts. While looking over forum posts to do with 3d modelling I came across shots and a video link for a game called Allods Online, after some research I downloaded it and gave it a go and found it to be pretty decent, good graphics and nice class design, but then a patch hit that for awhile made the game unstable so while I waited for a fix I started to look at what other f2p mmo's are out there. As it happens there are hundreds of them, from well known ones like Runes of magic and silkroad, to lesser known ones.

I have given a few a go, Runes of magic is ok but I wanted something alittle less wow like, enter Jade Dynasty, an oriental styled mmo with very impressive graphics for a free game and a nice clean interface design. Have found myself playing this a fair few hours and while I have basicly been soloing everything its felt fresh and new. Will be looking at more of these free2play games in the future as it seems some of them are very enjoyable even if you never go near there cash shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment